We are expanding our team at DBS Group! We’re not simply offering a job. We’re extending an invitation to start or expand your career.
We are adding to our team at DBS Group! We’re not simply offering a job. We’re extending an invitation to start or expand your career.
We are looking for a person to lead, manage and be 100% responsible and accountable for all onsite construction aspects of assigned projects. We need someone who is a proactive problem solver and who can ensure proper stewardship of and accountability for overall safety of their projects.
- Develop and maintain a visible and positive leadership role with our customers, vendors and within DBS Group.
- Lead and motivate each respective project team, including on-site vendors, to work together to exceed customer expectations.
- Think beyond day-to-day on-site construction realities and nurture the customer relationship for future growth.
- Interact and collaborate with other DBS Group disciplines to establish best practice processes.
- Collaborate with the internal team, and external consultants, in the promotion and elevation of the DBS Group brand and reputation.
- Take an active role in the DBS Group Lead Generation Program.
- Participate in customer presentations, on an as-requested basis.
- Serve as a consultant to the Design Department, offering constructability and cost containment advice.
- Serve as a consultant to the Pre-Construction Department, offering means & methods, constructability, productivity, phasing and schedule advice.
- Participate in design quality control reviews for your assigned projects.
- Participate in vendor qualification on an as-requested basis.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the project budget, subcontractor agreements and purchase order agreements for assigned projects.
- Assist the Project Manager in developing an overall project schedule for assigned projects – plan the Work, and Work the plan.
- Generate detailed 3-week look-ahead schedules, and distribute to the project team on a weekly basis.
- Co-chair, with the Project Manager, on-site preconstruction and/or project kickoff meetings with vendors.
- Co-chair, with the Project Manager, weekly jobsite vendor coordination meetings.
- Coordinate, direct, and monitor the on-site vendor activities.
- Collaborate with the design team during the construction phase to respond to vendor RFI’s in a timely manner.
- Request, receive and organize required vendor safety documentation, as well as monitor and enforce safe on-site work practices.
- Coordinate all on-site inspections, including final inspections, with the applicable Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ’s).
- Coordinate all quality control testing per the project requirements.
- Generate and distribute Daily Work Reports for assigned projects.
- Ensure that vendors utilize current Construction Documents for use onsite.
- Inspect work in progress to ensure that quality meets/exceeds the project requirements, and coordinate rework as required.
- Maintain on-site as-built documents, and provide to the design team upon substantial completion for as-built documentation.
- Monitor and document all Field Directive changes, and provide to the Project Manager to facilitate required change order documentation.
- Review project financials with the Project Manager on a monthly basis for assigned projects.
- Facilitate the timely completion of the punch list, as well as required commissioning, and assist in obtaining Owner confirmation of final completion.
- Verify the level of customer satisfaction of our operations group as judged by our customers.
Experience and Qualifications
Experience requirements included: 10 years construction experience with a minimum of 5 years supervising construction projects, including experience supervising construction projects in excess of $3 million. Excellent organizational skills and effective verbal and written communication skills essential.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include why you want to work for DBS Group and highlight some of your strongest skills in your cover letter.